Image & text via Facebook, the title being simply "GODS411":
I dreamed that I went to Heaven and an angel was giving me a tour. We walked with each other down a vast corridor. My guide stopped at a doorway and gestured for me to enter. Inside was a massive workroom filled with angels bustling about.
I dreamed that I went to Heaven and an angel was giving me a tour. We walked with each other down a vast corridor. My guide stopped at a doorway and gestured for me to enter. Inside was a massive workroom filled with angels bustling about.
"This is the
receiving room," my angel explained. "Here, all the world's prayers
to God are received."
I looked upon all the
angels sorting petitions written on piles and scraps of paper from all over the
world. I was impressed by both the order and the chaos of this busy workroom.
My guide and I continued
down the corridor until we reached a second doorway. The angel turned to me and
said, "This is the packaging and delivery room. Here, the graces and blessings
that the world's people requested are processed and sent for delivery."
Again, I couldn't help
but be impressed by how busy the room was. Angels were darting about, packaging
the blessings for delivery to the people of Earth. My guide and I continued on
until we arrived at the farthest end of the corridor. To my surprise, only one
angel was in this room, sitting idly with nothing to do.
"This is the
acknowledgement room," my angel guide quietly admitted to me.
"How is it that
there is no work happening in here?" I asked.
The angel seemed
embarrassed. "It's very sad," he explained. "After people
receive the blessings that they asked God for, very few send back
acknowledgments."
"How does one
acknowledge their blessings from God?" I asked.
"Easy," the angel
answered. "Just say 'Thank you, Lord.'"
"What kinds of
blessing should they acknowledge?" I asked.
The angel smiled and
explained:
"If you have food
on your table, clothing on your back, and a roof overhead, you are richer than
75% of the world.
"If you have
money in the bank and in your wallet, you are among the top 8% of the world's
wealthy.
"If you wake up
with more health than illness, you are more blessed than all those who will not
survive the day.
"If you have
never had to endure the fear of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, or the
agony of torture, then you are better off than 700 million people in the world.
"If you can
attend church without fear of harassment, arrest or death, you are more blessed
than 3 billion people.
"If your parents
are still alive and still married, then your fortune is very rare indeed.
"If you can hold
your head up and smile, you're unique to all those who despair."
When I woke, I pondered
over how we can start acknowledging our blessings.
If you can read this
message, you are doubly blessed. One is that someone was thinking of you as
very special. The second is that you are more blessed than over two billion
people in the world who cannot read at all. If you see this on your own device,
you are part of the 1% in the world who can afford that opportunity.
Have a good day and
always count your blessings.
Pass this message
along to remind everyone how blessed we all are.

Comments
Post a Comment