The Alphabet Genius Game


On Facebook yesterday, Sunday, 09 December 2018, Shane Aporto and 47 others shared Hot Country 103.5's post dated 19 August 2014, with Colin's note, "I saw this and HAD to share!" 2014, yes. I can't find the post now to reproduce it, but I remember it had assigned the 26 letters of the alphabet to individual numbers, counting up to 26 from 1 for A, like the table you see up there. The post tried to show that the most important thing in life is, yes, attitude, because ATTITUDE is 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100. Perfect!

But I didn't want to settle for Perfect; I didn't want only 100%. So, immediately, my mind went on overdrive. After which, I came up with and the comment I posted was this:

that's nothing. Look at this: CREATIVITY is 3+18+5+1+20+9+22+9+20+25 = 132. That's genius level!

Actually, before I came up with CREATIVITY, I tried WISDOM: 23+9+19+4+15+13 = 83. So WISDOM is a disappointment! Wisdom is an over-rated word. Not good enough. How about INTELLIGENCE? It's 9+14+20+5+12+12+9+7+5+14+3+5 = 115. Not bad. But of course I'll settle for nothing but genius for me.

I checked the addition with my Word 2013 "Formula" feature of course. With Word 2013, you don't need + to add; just type the numbers, select, and click Formula. (I have a ready icon on my Quick Access Bar, which I put there.)

Starting when I was in high school 60+ years ago, I'm self-taught in creative writing, editing, blogging, even desktop publishing. I'm 78, thank God! I've done and gone through a lot. Job 12:12 says, "Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?" – New International Version. Negative statement. "Is wisdom with the aged, and understanding in length of days?" – New Revised Standard Version. Positive statement. "Wisdom is with the aged, and understanding in length of days" – Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition. Most positive statement. To God be the glory! 

Play the Alphabet Genius Game yourself!

Comments